Hi guys…I wanted to talk about my everyday life and some of the products I’ve discovered or heard about as I go through my daily life and as I work at developing my Online business. I already have a great Coaching and Development business but the products I use there aren’t as interesting as what I encounter for the online business or for Life in general.
Items In My General Life
My routine is pretty simple. I get up around 4 am , prepare for work, I drop m daughter first but if we have time to kill we would go to Starbucks until its time for her to get to work. Once I’ve dropped her to work then I head off to facilitate a coaching session with a client or I head to the office. If I have a session or two then I would return to the office for lunch then it’s out again for the after lunch coaching sessions with more clients. At the end of the day I pick up my daughter and we either go exercise then go home or we go straight home. So the items I value are:
- My Fossil Watch – it counts my steps and I feel really proud of myself when I’m able to do 10,000 steps in a day.
- My MacBook Pro – I do everything on my Mac – my blogs, my reports, designing my websites, my research, my everything, so I keep that very close to me and I recently bought a cover to protect it.
- Other items I tend to purchase from Amazon are the PCA Skin Products, Dresses on Amazon e,g, ROOSEY Women’s Floral Printed – I tend to buy a lot of my clothes abroad. I started doing that when I travelled for conferences and if I’m not traveling then I go on amazon to find dresses that I love. Yes it’ cost less to buy and ship them here versus getting hem here. What tends to happen is, the stores and boutiques sometimes sell q few of one style and you could sometimes end up somewhere , where another person has on the same dress…yeah I know if that could happen to the stars then who am I but It’s not nice and it can be embarrassing, so to prevent that I get my stuff abroad, although lately I have been seeing women with dresses I almost bought online myself.
PCA Skin is a beauty product to prevent wrinkles and to deal with stretching the skin. I found out about it when I visited a dermatologist because I was having some very bad pimple problems and she recommnded this product. I must say it is amazing and it really keeps mu skin smooh and fairly wrinkle free but it isn’t cheap so I have to do with the small sample packs and make it stretch for as long as possible. But excllent product.
At one point my husband and I decided to cut down on expenses as our bills were too high. One of the things we stopped paying for was Cable so we only paid for internet connection as without that my entire household would be in an uproar as everyone in this house lives on their Laptop. But Then I found the Amazon Fire Stick. This replaced cable and we were still able to see all the show that we loved and enjoyed and we still had access to Netflix, plus most of all it wasn’t a continuous monthly expense. So when I’m at home this provides the entertainment and the relaxation.
Recently, I’ve ventured into Bullet Journaling and I, as usual went a bit overboard. I purchased the notebook, Dotted Grid Journal for Bullet Journalling , pens, Washi Tape, my Lamy pens and more. I love bullet journalling because I get to do the thing I enjoy and that’’s planning but with a difference. Now I can plan , journal, make notes, doodle, be creative and decorative with the different stickers available and I have other trackers and info all in one journal versus the basic diary whose layout is very limited and restricted. With the Bullet Journal I can design my own layout as I go along through the days, weeks and months. I JUST LOVE IT. I also love to write so my Lamy pens….yes I have two and I wish I had more, each has a different sized nib. I love how they write and I kinda like calligraphy, even though I’m not great at it. With my bullet Journalling I went got all I needed so I had to get a Container to organise and display all of my Washi tape.
I enjoyed buying the different Washi tapes, something I know nothing about.They are so much fun to use and they can also be used for other craft creations that you can never not use them.i had to thus buy a container to house all of my tape and even getting that was fun. Shopping online as we all know can be very addictive and because its so easy and convenient to do you do it easily but always monitor your spending. Don’t let it get beyond you or else you could end up spending unncessarily, so check your priorities.
My other main use for the products I purchase online are gifts, gifts for christmas, birthdays and more. Some of the items I’ve bought as gifts were:
- Jewellery – for my daughters for Christmas
- Phone case – strong case for my husband who destroys phones quickly
- Clothes – Quick Dry Golf Shirt and Golf pants for my husband
- Laptop Covers
With my Online Business, lets start with all the different tools and platforms I’ve stumbled upon as I went along growing my knowledge about blogging and what to do to develop my blog and my website. With the website I started off with:
- WordPress. This is a great platform but can be a bit less user friendly, so I have this blog on WordPress and one art site on WordPress. To set up a shop on wordpress or to do any additional features one needs to buy plugins and that was a problem for me. As an international user we a restricted from some plugins and that started being very annoying for me so I stick to the simple features provided by WordPress.
- I discovered Squarespace – A much more user friendly and easy platform to use to not only design your website but also to set up a shop. It ghas been the easiest platform to use, it’s so user friendly and I love being able to crate all the different blogs and website interfaces myself.
- Mailchimp – again a very easy to use and inexpensive platform that manages your emails and allows you to offer freebies and collect email addresses so you can offer more and develop a community.
- Pinterest – this is my go to for fesearch as I love to read and you can find articles or blogs on any topic you need. I also use it as my art inspiration. If I need an idea for a painting, as Pinterest is like the visual version of Google I go there for my ideas.
- Instagram – now getting into this app as I’m not really the selfie type but it is great to show your work and share your blogs so I’m slowly understanding it’s importance.
Amazon – A bit About It
So Amazon is my main means of getting what I want without having to travel. This is so different from long ago when you couldn’t get anything unless you had a shipper and it took 6-8 weeks to arrive and the cost was ridiculous. Now you can get an item the next day if you’re willing to pay the extra. Technology and innovation sure has changed our way of life. How much does Amazon sell?
How Many Products Does Amazon Sell Worldwide – January 2018. Amazon lists more than 3 billion products across 11 marketplaces worldwide. We took a look at the number of products Amazon lists online for more than its 300 million customers. Today Amazon sells over 480 million products in the USA. Amazon’s product selection has expanded by 235 million in the past 16 months. That an extraordinary average of 485 thousand new products per day. Amazon’s catalogue is grouped into dozens of departments. Prime memberships are currently available in 17 countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, the UK and the US.
INNOVATION. Amazon’s success largely stems from its innovative technologies and practices, many of which were championed by its CEO, Jeff Bezos. … This innovative technology was a huge investment for the e-commerce giant—one that fostered exceptional results. Over 22 million Echo units were sold in 2017 alone
Who are Amazon’s closest competitors?
Top Amazon Competitors
- The following are the top Amazon Competitors.
- Amazon Competitors In E-commerce Segment.
- 1) Alibaba.
- 2) Walmart.
- 3) Otto.
- 4) JD.
- 5) Priceline.
- 6) eBay.
A Few alternatives for cheap online shopping versus Amazon
- eBay. Amazon’s biggest competition: the bidding website for discount shopping.
- Overstock. Overloaded ecommerce stock meets handcrafting artisans with unique products.
- Newegg. Leading the tech world in ecommerce.
- Barnes & Noble.
I love Amazon as they allow me to buy for me and my family items that would normally not be easily available to us. I really love Amazon and I hope they continue in existence for a while but as we all know nothing lasts forever but there are alternatives , but lets hope they stay around for a long time. Please be advised that I am using VigLink to shorten my links and I also have some affiliate products on my site from which I may gain a small commission if you purchase the product. This has no effect on the cost to you and the commission helps me maintain the cost of continuing my blog